Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gen 4 - Chapter 2: Riverview


Oh my GOSH, it's been so long since I have written in here about my life. I feel like a failure! I'm sorry, great Grandma Sean, Grandma Lyric, and Mom! I meant to keep up with this, I really did, and I will from now on. I won't let it get away from me from now on. Eeeek! There's so much I need to update this on!
The last time I wrote was on our vacation to China shortly after Finch's birthday, right? When I told Mom that I was her heiress, and I met the cutie-pie Shing and the stud-muffin Huojin? Yeah, I thought so. A loooot happened after that, but I'll give you the condensed version because you and I both would prefer that version, I'm sure.
When we got home from China, things were back to being all normal and stuff for a while. We went to school, Dad went to work, and Mom stayed home to car for Finch. Lalalaa, time went on, we went to prom and it seriously sucked because I didn't even get there until there was only an hour left - I HATE working on prom night, like seriously! - and not to mention Amy got prom queen. I think she rigged it. ANYway. As I was saying, life went on, and the next thing we knew, Dad was told that he was being sent to different military base.
Imagine our horror! I felt awful for Wren, because she was really beginning to get close to Monte, and then we had to move. I suggested we all just stay in Bridgeport - that's where all the celebrities are, anyway.. - but it went over like a lead balloon.
Only like, a month later, we found ourselves in a little farming town called Riverview, living in a tiny little farm house barely big enough for four people. They said it had four bedrooms, but they're talking poor people bedrooms, not rich vampire bedrooms. Besides that, we adjusted well, and I figured out pretty quickly that I liked it better here than I thought I would. The fresh air and openness of it is exciting! Of course everything is exciting to me, but this was new to Mom and Dad too, since they grew up in the city, so it was a huge big ol' new experience for all of us!
We all fell into a new routine, almost identical to our old routine. I picked up sculpting, and quickly learned that I loved working with chisels and clay or whatever other materials I could get my hands on!


Eider and Dove loved the fact that we had a really, real playground. Spring riders, a slide, a treehouse, a seesaw, a swing, and all the other good stuff. I think they adjusted better than any of us, I mean, I can't remember the last time I saw Dove wear her casual clothes when we were living in Bridgeport, but after we moved to Riverview we saw her in them at least twice a week!


Like me, my best friend and twin sister decided to take up something new. But, her new activity was more brainy and less physical; chemistry stuff, like making potions for turning someone into a ghost, or a stink bomb thingy, and other things like that. I thought it was great and all, but I wasn't terribly interested in doing things like that. I'm no brainiac, and I doubt I ever will be, but remember - don't mistake that for me being lazy. I'm ambitious and hate laziness.


Amy.. started spying on the neighbors. I mean, I'm all for people-watching, it is fun to see all the things that people who aren't who are doing, but I think what Amy was doing would be considered 'nosy' and 'stalkerish'. But that's just me, I guess, 'cause she never really got in trouble for it. And she did it a lot after we just moved.


Mom was still Mom, and she still wrote books. The thing was, when we moved to Riverview, she decided she wanted to get a real job for what I think is the first time in her life. I'm so proud of her! She's now a ghost hunter, and it kind of makes me giggle to see her in her Ghostbusters costume - eeer, work uniform. No, I don't laugh at her and hum the Ghostbusters theme when I see her heading to work.. not all the time at least. Heeheehee.


I began to see Dad a bit less, because he was working harder at his dream of becoming an astronaut. Here in Riverview, it was more likely to happen, simply because he could get to work faster and so didn't get in trouble all the time because he wasn't on time. They worked him harder, too, because he was new to the base and since it was a town where everyone knew each other pretty much from birth, they had to make sure the newcomers were worth their weight in.. in... well I don't know, you know what I'm talking about though, right?
Out of all of us, Finch, by far, minded moving the least. In fact, he loved it in the country, because there was more outside that he could play with and get into trouble with. We figured out really quickly, after we moved, that we were going to have quite a.. handful with him. See what I mean, I even said 'we', not Mom and Dad. He kind of required all of us watch him. Terrible twos is NOT an over-exaggeration! And not only did he get into trouble left and right, but he hated learning to walk, talk, and potty. I think he just liked watching Mom and Dad get frustrated.


But that was all a few years ago, and brings me to the present! I am now a senior in high school, and really am enjoying being so. Being top dog is really a pleasant feeling, hehehe. Except for the fact that I have to graduate soon, but you know, that means that I can get a job and maybe find a man and get married and it's all so exciting I can't quite contain myself EEEEEE!
Okay, I'm good now. 
My two favorite pass times for the last few years have been meditating and sculpting, they seem to keep me sane. If I get over excited, I meditate. If I get angry, I sculpt, because then I can take my anger out on whatever material it is that I'm sculpting. I have also taken to straightening my hair, because I got tired of the curls because most of the rest of my family have natural curl to their hair. I wanted to be more unique of a Parodi.
I seem to have forgotten to get a picture of Wren.. but she's also a senior, and we're still the best of friends. Dad's currently teaching her how to drive, and is going to teach me after he finishes with her. She paints a lot anymore, and decided that chemistry was more of an Eider pass time.
It may have been several years, but my parents haven't changed at all. A year or two back, though, my Mom's siblings all moved to Riverview because she told Uncle Drazen over the phone how lonely she had been while Dad was constantly gone. But, whenever Dad IS home, they're being super duper lovey dovey and kind of adorably disgusting. I try not to watch. I'm not even sure I want a romance that.. mushy, I want more fire in my relationship. You know what I mean? Not just cooing, "I love you schnookums," "I love you too, sugar fangs" and stuff like that. Sure, sure, I'll want some cuddling, but I need a goal in mind before I do something, so if I cuddle it's probably because I want a baby or just some fun times. You know? 
Anyway, talking about babies, I think I've heard them mention babies once or twice in the last couple of years. EEP! I don't want more siblings, I have enough as it is!


Dove is now in high school with me. So is Eider, but I'll get to him in a moment. She deserves her own little section.
I'm not sure I want to know what's going on up top in her, 'cause.. well, she's a little on the insane side, but since she became a teenager she's been showing signs of being smarter than me. And I don't just mean like regular smarter than me, but I mean like, Mom and Amy smarter than me. But then she goes and does something like swim in her formal wear, or booby trap the kitchen sink with Dad and Mom making out just outside. Dove! Seriously? The door is an ARCH! There is no door! Not to mention she tries to strangle herself and talks to herself on a regular basis.
She's one that proves my theory on the make-up just being curtains to the windows to the soul, and help one understand the person underneath the make-up. Because her make-up is wild and crazy, but at the same time, it almost looks professional and like stage make-up.


What can I say about Eider? He's still my genius, geeky little brother. Wait a minute, he's a genius.. Amy's a genius.. Dove's a genius.. Finch is a genius.. that leaves just me and Wren. Well, geez, I guess we take more after Dad in the whole, more athletic than brainy side. Anyway.. Eider is actually pretty hot for a hydrophobic nerd, just don't let him know I said so. It might boost his ego, and for a nerd he has a surprisingly big one. He knows who and what he is and he's proud of it, and it makes me proud of him!
Well.. except when it comes to Victoria Devine, but I'll get to that later.


The youngest of us, Finch, is now in school, and fooling everyone into thinking he's an adorable little angel. He looks it, doesn't he? But no. No, no, no, he's a complete brat still. Might have gotten worse, actually. He still hates doing what he's told and will do it as slow as he can, or he'll pretend to do it and just not. If you ask him a question, because he's a genius he can talk you around in circles until you forget why you were talking about him. Oh, and if that wasn't bad enough, he's got the stickiest fingers I know. I mean, seriously, he's gotten in trouble several times for stealing from the school. And yet, in school he's in the ballet after school class. I have no understanding of that, except that I think he watches too many dancing reality shows.
Don't let me fool you, I adore my baby brother, after Wren he's my favorite. I think I'm his favorite, too, he always asks me to read him bedtime stories!


Finally, Amy is a young adult, and the first thing she did after graduation was get a job at the local hospital. Since she wants to be a World Renowned Surgeon, because she knows all this advanced future medicinal techniques and whatever other reasons she has - not to sound like I don't, 'cause I do! I just don't remember her wording or anything. She's planning on moving in with a co-worker, Shirley Lin, and her sister soon. I think she has a crush on Shirley, to be honest, but I would never hint that I know that because Shirley is straight and I don't really want my sister to lose her friend. Yeah, I know, really sensitive of me and stuff, huh? Heehee!
Anyway.. so... that's a reintroduction to us, and an explanation of what's been going on since I stopped writing. Not much, but at the same time, a lot. Next time I will go back to writing this like a diary-thing, and less like a.. a... I don't know, but a something. Jaa, mata!

(A/N: OMG that took forever. But I finally gave in and made a new save game, AGAIN. I really hadn't wanted to, but I wanted to play my wishacy game more than I wanted to keep the original save game. Since I literally could not save the Bridgeport save - I sent them to France, before I installed the patch that made WA screw up. And then I saved and didn't play again until after that patch was installed. The next time I played, it played like normal, and then when I sent them home, it deleted them as soon as I got back to the normal town. I tried it several times, but it just.. was a goner. And so I didn't play for a long, long time, because I was discouraged, and then college started up. But! All of a sudden, I had a "brilliant" story idea of Marcelo getting transferred to the Riverview base. And ta-da! If you'll notice, Rosella got a make-over - so did Wren. Because I had downloaded new CC since the last time I played, and had the desire to make them look like time has passed. Anyway.. oh! Random tidbit: my first essay in English 101 is about The Sims 3.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great story to how they moved and what's to come form them.

CourtneyHelen said...

I am caught up now! You have a great story going on here :) I love that Finch is taking ballet class, haha. Nice transition for the move, I like the faded edge pictures. I used to be really good at that picture editing stuff, I did heaps on microsoft image composer when I was like, thirteen. Then my new computer didn't have the program, and I forgot how to do it! My sig on the forums and the pic of Viola on my blog are my first attempts at learning again using iPhoto :)

Post a Comment