Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gen 2 - Chapter 11: And We're off to Egypt!






And I thought Drazen, Dahlia, Aeron, and Aneirin as infants had been difficult! My goodness, having two toddlers and three infants was even worse. Sleep? We quickly forgot what that was. And eating - or, drinking in Elvira's case - became a thing of the past. We were barely able to run from one child to the next in time to feed them, how could we get time to feed ourselves? We were being driven mad, and not so slowly. Finally, one day after work, Elvy came up to me and grabbed me by the arms. "Egypt."
I stared at her. "What?"
"I'm supposed to go to Egypt for work, let's go now. Hire several babysitters - even I'm not evil enough to leave only one person here with our babies - and finally have the honeymoon we never got."
I was startled to see her suddenly taking an interest in me, since she'd been so distant during my pregnancy, but maybe that had just been my over-emotional pregnant self thinking she was being inattentive? Yeah, probably. After a moment, finally I grinned. "Let's leave as soon as the next plane does."
The plane ride was amazing. We both got to actually sleep, and eat (it was a company that catered to vampires, who knew they had those?), and just plain.. relax. When we got to our base camp, we were both much more in the mood for each other than we had been in a long time, and without words we just.. made out for awhile. Until I heard her crackling, at which time I ordered her to head into the bathroom for a moment, then we could go to the market.




When we got to the market, Elvy wanted to meet a local, and she went straight over to the first one she saw. She was already smoking and crackling, so I crossed my arms, and told her sternly to get inside when she was done, before proceeding to go inside myself. I wanted to buy a camera. 
While I was there, the merchant told me he had to get my picture or I wasn't going to get anything. A little irritating, but I hadn't had my picture taken by a regular person for quite a while, so I figured why not? Then I bought my camera. 
When Elvy came in, she gently grabbed my arm and smirked slightly. I looked over at her, and almost could read her mind. All I'd been able to think about was her since we got there, and it was supposed to be a late honeymoon, right? So we headed straight back to base camp.



When we got back, we wasted no time, and got straight into one of the tents, and proceeded to have fun..


.. all day long, until night fell. She'd told me that after it was dark out, she'd have to deliver the package to the man she was supposed to meet. So when we realized it was getting dark, we finally stopped, though neither of us wanted to.



Although Elvy said I could come along when she delivered the package, she made me stand away from them as she handed it over to the guy and face the other way so I wouldn't get involved in criminal matters. Yeah, I really didn't want to, it was bad enough having her involved. Made me panic every time she went to work. It took a long time for them to do the transaction or whatever it was, and I found myself quite bored. Hey, you know me, I've always been easily bored. Though now that I'm almost an elder - only am not because of the triplets - it's harder to bore me.. oh gah, I'm getting old...


After delivering the package, we went straight back home and each had a liquid dinner. After throwing my own trash away, I hopped happily over to the fire pit and plopped myself down, having never really sat around a fire before. My Mom had told me about how her and her parents had gone camping a lot when she was a kid, but we never got the time when I was growing up. 
"Elvy! Elvy, Elvy, Elvy! Come roast things with me!" I called out to her as she carried her plasma juice container over to the garbage.
"I'd rather not, but I'll come sit if it'll make you happy." she said, and came over, sitting down and starting to read. I continued sitting there a moment, before I yawned, and she looked up at me. "Bed time, I think." I just agreed. Didn't wanna seem too childish, since I'm not..


Little did either of us know, but we had a stalker-pap, and he took pictures of our tent as we slept. And he'd been taking pictures of us while we did other things, because when I woke up that morning, I got a call from my agent asking me why I was publicly disgraced for woohooing in public. I told him, quite simply, what had happened, and it was just going to keep happening because we were on a late honeymoon and that's what happens on honeymoons.



So after I got off the phone with him, true to my word, it happened again.


We hadn't even been this obsessed with each other right after we got married!



After I'd showered, we decided to head to the market again, so we could do our own things. I'd brought my laptop, and so I figured I would write some on my book. Elvy'd been wanting to introduce herself to some near people, because even though I'm the friendly one, she's the charismatic one and constantly wants to have more friends.
While I was writing, our stalker-pap decided to take a bajillion pictures of me, and then boo me. I don't know what his problem was, it was all his fault I was publicly disgraced - twice now - anyway.


After I'd been writing for quite a while, I finally finished it, and since Elvy had started reading behind me I decided to read with her.
After we'd been reading for a while - the stalker-pap taking pictures and writing, as always - I suddenly got a call from my agent again, and so I answered it, barely keeping the frustration out of my voice. He then alerted me to the fact that I was now a five star celebrity. Wow. That was.. yeah, wow. I didn't know what to say.




After that, I told Elvy, and she congratulated me. To celebrate, I got some food and washed the dishes, then went outside and decided to practice snake charming. I wasn't too good at it; Elvy was much better, since she was inside charming our stalker-pap. Heheheheh.




We rediscovered each other again the next morning. Several times. And so we decided we'd have a simple last day in Egypt; just spend it in each other's company.


Except, our plans got interrupted. After I'd taken another shower, Elvy came up to me in front of the bathroom. "I just got a call, and someone wants me to explore a tomb."
I blinked. "And you're gonna do it, right?"
"Well, I don't know. We'd planned on just spending time with each other today.."
I shook my head, and told her, "No, it's okay, you should go do it. How often are you going to get to explore a tomb? Plus, we'll get money for it."
"Not that we need money, you know we got that $63,000 from my friend that passed away."
"Yeah, I know, but more can't hurt, right?"




After I finally convinced her, she headed out on her adventure. All she told me about it was that it was kind of boring because the tomb had already been explored and everything was done. Then she had to go around and find some gems and such.



While she was out, I got called and someone requested that I take a picture of a floor trap for them. So I headed to the tomb that Elvira had gone to, and there one was, right in the first door to the right. I got the picture, then headed back to the man, just in time to then hurry off to the airport.
Our trip to Egypt had been a great success.

(A/N: I debated stretching this out to include the triplets' birthday party and a surprise, but I decided to wait. So, all that woohoo? The only one I told them to do was the first one. Same with the making out/kissing. I've never had more a couple of Sims that autonomously obsessed with each other before. XD And Lyric got publicly disgraced for woohooing in public or with the occult every single time they did it. It was kinda funny. So, the next chapter is going to be very eventful, just telling you now. It's gonna have a near-death-scene, a shock, and more toddlers.)

2 comments:

ramblinghaggis said...

aww it was a proper second honeymoon! Sweet! Nuts to have more babies though :O lol!

buckeygirl80 said...

Wow, obsessed much? LOL I'm excited to see what the triplets look like.

Post a Comment