Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gen 2 - Chapter 10: More Babies..



I must say, life with two toddlers is much easier than life with four babies, even if it was often just me taking care of them. Unlike infants, they could entertain themselves, so I was able to do things like.. write on 'When in Doubt' whenever I got the chance. And I did. We had several baby monitors downstairs, and I would leave them down there, only if I had the one that let me hear them with me upstairs. Or if Elvira was downstairs, though often she was at work.
One of these calm days, I finally finished 'When in Doubt', and it was a best-seller! I'd been hoping for one, and I guess writing on it for so long was kinda like letting wine sit for years; just made it better! Since I was finally done with my book, I don't know if I was masochistic or what, but I knew exactly what I wanted to do when Elvy got home.

Elvy, though, as soon as she got home from work went straight downstairs to work on potty training Drazen. I was pretty positive that she had a favorite, but I wouldn't voice that. As long as both of our babies had equal amounts of love shower on 'em, I didn't care if either of us had a favorite.
When I finally realized she was home, I went downstairs and peeked into the kids' room, smiling flirtatiously at her. "When you're done there, meet me in our room."
Her eyebrows raised slightly, and she smirked slightly back at me. "Okay, see you there."
I then proceeded to head into our room, where I saw Dahlia sniffling, about to cry. "Dahlia, oh baby girl, it's okay, Momma Lyr is here now. Shhhh." I picked her up, and snuggled her, then noticed what was probably why she was crying. Phew! I quickly changed her diaper, then continued on playing with her, unable to keep my gaze from straying to the bed. "Heh. Guess what, Dahlia? You're gonna hopefully be a big sister soon." I booped her nose, and she just giggled, beaming her adorable grin. "Baybee!" 
I stared at her, and just blinked. Neither Elvy nor I had taught her to talk yet, and anyway, how could she know that I meant there would be more babies in the house? "Yes, baby, my sweet little genius."

When Elvy finally came in, I carried Dahlia into the nursery, and then came back in, crawling onto the bed beside her. "So.. what exactly did you have in mind?" she asked me, and I smirked a little, sitting up and towards her.
"I had 'baby' on my mind. Do you think you'd want another one?" I asked, giving her pouty eyes.
She hesitated only a moment, before leaning into my arms. "Sounds good to me."
And that was that! I figured since I wished it, it'd happen, so I wouldn't have to worry about it.



I became scarily domestic after trying for another baby. I cooked dinner, helped Elvy with Drazen's potty training then put him to bed, and when I saw my wife in her swimsuit, damp from her midnight soak in the hot tub, instead of being turned on I just told her to dry off before she came to bed. Thinking back on it, it's really creepy.




When I started getting sick all the time, I was pretty sure I was pregnant again. Though I hadn't gotten morning sickness with Drazen and Dahlia, every pregnancy was bound to be different. And this was certainly different. I was praying to the porcelain god more often than not, and sometimes I'd just sit on the floor of the bathroom for.. hours. It was times like those that Elvy's evil streak really got to me, because she would just cackle in delight when she'd hear me in misery, instead of holding my hair back.
Sometimes, when I was really frustrated, I'd wonder why I fell in love with her, and would eventually make up the excuse in my head that she must have made me think of her when I'd suddenly wanted to kiss her. That had to be it.
It came as absolutely no surprise to anyone when I finally was able to get around to taking a pregnancy test, and it came back positive. I bought some new maternity wear, and changed into it immediately. "Hi baby. You'll stop making Mommy sick soon, right?"



During my pregnancy, there was a lot of toddler training. While Elvy took care of her favorite little boy, I took care of my favorite little girl. They were such sweet, quiet kids I didn't know what to do if this next one was a screamer. Or.. next two.. or three...
I was pretty positive that I was going to have more than one, since, halfway through this pregnancy, I was already as big as I was in my eighth month last time. The thought of having more than one was kind of terrifying - could we handle that many toddlers and babies in one house again, without Katina and Rhett? Specifically Katina..
Speaking of Katina and Rhett, since they'd moved out I'd been receiving emails from Rhett, and evidently their marriage was on the rocks. Katina, like me, was a flirt, but she took her's to a whole new level, and had become the 'town tart'. I'd always liked her, but if she was going to hurt my brother I'd have to hurt her.



As it got closer to my due date, it was like Drazen and Dahlia knew they weren't going to be the centers of our attention anymore, and they began to fuss and throw fits a lot more. Usually, they had a reason, but sometimes they just refused to be cooperative, like when I finally decided to get started on Dahlia's potty training. She just refused to even sit on the potty. Eventually I gave in and let her stick with her diapers for a little longer, too pregnant and tired to deal with that.


I also eventually got time to write again. I started a non-fiction book, called 'A Human in a Vampire's World'. That's what my life was beginning to feel like, even though I knew that vampires really weren't that terribly different from humans. I thought occasionally about having Elvy turn me, but I knew that if I had her turn me, the only thing that would change is my diet, since I was going to become an elder shortly after this pregnancy was over.


I also finally remembered about painting, but.. it just wasn't nearly as enjoyable now as it had been when I was a teenager. Did I really want to master writing and painting, or just writing? It's funny how many things I debated during this pregnancy. There was a lot more reflection and sentimental stuff during this one than the other, and I figure it's because Elvy just wasn't nearly as attentive as last time. I knew she cared, because she'd told me she wanted another girl, but it felt like she'd been ignoring me. 



Finding things to do while I was pregnant, since Elvy was ignoring me most of the time, with Drazen, or working, was difficult. Eventually, even though it was nearly impossible to bend down, I started working on Dahlia's other skills. She took to talking like a fish to water, and now that it'd been a month since I'd tried before, she was much more keen to the idea of using the potty chair.




Then finally, finally the day came. Elvira and I were actually going to have dinner together - well.. sit at the same table for a few moments, since she was almost done and I was just sitting down with my waffles - when my water broke and the pain started. Elvy started freaking out. "Lyric, what do I do?! Should I take you to the hospital? But.. wait, Drazen and Dahlia can't stay home alone and I can't call a babysitter this late- AAH, now Dahlia's crying, what do I dooo?!"
My frustrations with her hissed out through my gritted teeth: "Just. Go. Away. And take care of Dahlia, OKAY? I've got this, you left me alone to do it last time, and during this pregnancy, may as well do it to me again!"
She did as I requested, and I would have felt bad under any other circumstance, but I was in labor and pain. Eventually, finally, little Zachariah Parodi entered the world. But then, like after Drazen, I felt another wanting out, so quickly scurried to the nearest crib.

Almost as soon as I was able to get Zachariah into his crib, I had my next baby. Another little boy, Jeremiel Parodi, just as beautiful and precious as his twin brother. But then to my horror - and delight - I felt another contraction, and quickly put Jeremiel in the other crib in the room.



This one took much longer than the first two, and I even had time to waddle upstairs to get ready to put him in his crib so I could finally get to my waffles (I was starving, and figured Elvy could take care of them if they needed it.. yes, I was a little selfish, but it would be better if I stayed alive for them, right?). Finally, though, the sparkles of birth hit me again, and I got to meet Quintus Parodi, my fifth child, and fourth little boy. Poor Elvy was going to be disappointed that we didn't have a little girl, but.. we could always adopt. Or try again before I became an elder. I was perfectly satisfied with my triplet boys, but I did think that one more baby would make our family complete. Seriously masochistic of me, five children under the age of five was bad enough..

(A/N: Yeeeeeah. Triplets after twins. And yes, there is going to be one more. I felt rather masochistic myself. XD And I'm telling you now, I'm glad I'm not the one deciding who gets to be heir(ess), because I would have no idea which one to pick this time. Last time, Lyric was the one I wanted to win since she was a toddler, but this time I have no clear favorite. Anyway! Traits time. Zachariah: friendly and clumsy. Jeremiel: loves the outdoors and heavy sleeper. Quintus: virtuoso and disciplined.)

3 comments:

ramblinghaggis said...

Love the chapter! So many kids! I have had four kids under five and dont think I could wish that on a sim lol :D

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I didn't know that two female sims could get pregnant!!! That's so cool!

And now I need to get caught up on your story :)

buckeygirl80 said...

Oh my goodness! Triplets! Whew, well, they are gonna be exhausted! Good luck! :)

Post a Comment