Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gen 3 - Chapter 9: Lots of Love and a Time Machine





Eulalie had found the perfect way to distract a paparazzo from doing his job - flirting. While not wearing a shirt, or even a bra with straps. She had told me that she'd been wanting to flirt with our current pap, Matthew Jolly, and so when I saw her outside talking to him in her sleepwear one morning, it didn't surprise me. At all. I doubted that anything was going to come of the flirting, but I hoped for her sake that something would. Unless she didn't want anything to come of it. I wouldn't put it past her, she did love just plain old flirting with no strings attached..




I had been spending most of my weeks after my 'encounter' with Marcelo, at the library. Or talking on the phone with him, because he was constantly busy with one thing or the other, having a sister that kept getting pregnant by my cousin, Jamal, so there were babies to take care of constantly, and he was the only one home during the day. I offered to come over and help him, but he always turned me down, saying that he was fine and wasn't sure that we'd actually watch the kids. He had a good point, there.
One week, I hadn't talked to him, or anyone really, at all for about three days. I was lonely, and I wanted to go see a game at the stadium. That gave me an idea - I slipped my phone out of my pocket, and dialed Marcelo's number.
"Hi Dahlia."
"Great, you're there! Hello, koi."
"Do you have to call me that? It makes me sound like a fish."
"Yes I do have to call you that, and, well, you know, you do kind of look like a koi fish. You have the right color of orange.."
"Oh, shut up."
"Heehee. I like calling you koi, because it's a cute pet name, and it's 'lover' in Japanese. Anyway, the reason I called. I'm gonna be going to a game at the stadium later, and was curious if you'd want to go with me.. I'm so lonely. Everyone else has their own things going on, and I haven't even said hello to any of my siblings since Saturday. And it's Wednesday."
I heard a pause on the other end, and waited for him to give me an answer, nervously. "Okay, sure." I could have cheered. Instead, I just grinned. "Mom's home, and she offered to do the babysitting for me. Meet you there?"
"Yay! Yes, I will meet you there shortly. I love you."
"I.. I love you, too." It still always took a little bit of prodding to get it out of him, and I really had no idea why. His family weren't exactly the unloving kind, in fact, they always seemed quite loving. But ah well.
I hung up my cell when I heard his end click, and then quickly got as ready as I needed to get, before heading off towards the stadium, excited to see my love.






He was already there when I got there, waiting for me, and the reason of why we were there instead of at his house or mine was completely pushed out of my mind. I went up to him, and we both started into small talk, about celestial bodies. I have to admit, I think I intimidated him with what I knew, but he hadn't mastered his logic skill yet, and I had. With the telescope. I felt bad, but at the same time, I wanted to share what I knew because he was going to be an astronaut, and astronauts should know those sorts of things.
After a while, I suddenly remembered why we were there, and I looked behind me at all the people pouring out of the doors, then sighed and looked at Marcelo. "Looks like we're a little late to go to a game.."
"I have a better idea of what we could do." he said, and grabbed my hands gently, smiling and swinging our hands back and forth, then into each other. "It involves your lips, and my lips, and no space in between them."
"I like that idea." I chirped, and smiled in a way that I thought was flirtatious, before pulling him in for a deep, passionate kiss, and embrace.
We stayed that way for a while, and we could hear people that passed by whispering about us, but we didn't care. Eventually, though, he pulled back, and when his eyes opened, his rather intense incredibly light blue - anyone without vampire vision would say they're white - gaze landed on my own eyes. I don't even remember how long we just stood like that, staring into each other's eyes, before he sighed deeply, pecking my nose. "I should go. I'm really tired, and want to actually get to sleep at night for once.." he stroked my cheek, and then smiled. "See you later, mio amore."
"Okay.." I leaned my face into his hand, somewhat like a cat being petted. "See you soon, I hope, koi."
He kissed me sweetly, then turned and hailed a cab, and sped off into the night. I sighed happily, then hopped into my own car and drove off. I still couldn't believe that I had such an amazing man. Why had he fallen for me, Miss Un-Extraordinary? I kept telling myself not to question it, because he always got irritated at me when I voiced my opinion about how he should have fallen for someone better for him. As I drove home, I reminded myself that at least I had a good personality, even if it was rather boring. 



  
While I was off with Marcelo, and then heading home, Eulalie was showing her awesomeness off to an empty Aquarius. She'd gotten a call from her agent, and was told to dance for three hours there. I know my sister is an amazing dancer, so when she told me earlier in the day that she was going to go there and dance later, I figured she wouldn't be coming home that night. Her flirty nature, her gorgeousness, her great dancing, and alcohol? I figured she'd find a guy and not come home. But nope, just after I got home, she got home as well, and complained about how there wasn't even a bartender there. Wow, no wonder they needed a celebrity to go dance there, if the mixologists didn't even show up..






I'd heard from someone I was chatting online with, that Quin's romantic possibility, Amaranth, had been seeing another guy, Donnell Petrov, on the side. I tried to tell Quin, and make him go back to himself, but he just decided that he had to try harder to win her love. Why hadn't he done that with Raul? I like to think it's because he knew Raul was a jerk, and wouldn't care about Quin's feelings so he decided to give up. I think the real reason is because he did really love Raul, and if the other male was happy, Quin was happy. Sigh.
But anyway, right after I told him what I heard Amaranth and he decided to try harder, he immediately left. "Quin-!" I called as he ran out, but just sighed. Ah well, let him make his own mistakes. Realize who he is by himself. When he got home, he was rather happy and floaty, so I figured it must have went well - he refused to tell me anything, but the look on his face told me a lot. 



  
Waiting for Sunday to come around, I read. Constantly. Again. I wanted to read thirty books, and I was getting very close. Marcelo and I weren't really talking as much as I would have liked, again, but he was always busy when I would call, so I told him I'd leave it up to him to call. He wasn't big on taking the initiative, though, so he didn't usually call. Thusly, I was usually stuck in the library reading towards my goal of thirty books. 





Every day, when Zach would get home from work, he would go straight to the inventor's workbench. He was determined to make a time machine, and often wouldn't even talk to any of us because he was so intent on just.. inventing. I don't know why. I mean, a time machine would be fun, but it was making him go a little insane.
Quin was having different sort of problems - love problems, again. I warned him about Amaranth, but he didn't listen, and one day when he called her up, she told him that she wasn't interested in him at the moment, because she was pregnant with Donnell's baby. The rest of the day, he kind of spent just staring into the mirror. I tried to comfort him, or ask him what the matter was, and he just shrugged me off and muttered something. I couldn't quite tell what it was, but I had a feeling that he was actually beginning to get down in the dumps for the first time in his life. He was such a romantic, and it seemed that no matter who he tried to love, they just shrugged him off. The next person to hurt him was going to have to answer to me.
Jere was obsessed with slimming down, being the heaviest set of us siblings now that Zach had worked his own chubbiness off. I was proud of Jere, but it got kind of annoying, because he was constantly working out and he got a bit on the smelly side.
Veronique was going to be going back to France soon, and so Drazen was spending most of his time either with her, or working on cases he was getting. I felt bad for him that she was going back, but it was kind of his own fault for not inviting her to move in. Or proposing. I suppose I shouldn't be the one to talk here, though. I was the same until Estiu told me to work for my love.. heh.





Saturday night, I wrote for quite a while on 'Until My Last Breath', because I really needed to get this book published. I wrote on it so rarely, that it was a wonder I still remembered where I was going on it. I suppose it's the being-a-genius-vampire thing. But, when I got off to go to bed so I'd be rested for the game on Sunday, the computer broke down. Too tired to fix it right then, I went to sleep, and when I got up the next morning, when to work fixing it. That got me interested in handiness - this fixing things was pretty fun. No wonder Lalie did it all the time. She'd already upgraded about five things to self-cleaning, and I suddenly though that maybe I'd upgrade a few things myself. But not yet. I still had to go to my sports game.




Finally, it was time for me to head to the game, and this time I didn't invite Marcelo because I would forget about going to the game again, knowing me. When I got there, and headed inside, I spotted a pretty pregnant Amaranth. It was amazing she could have hidden that belly from Quin when he was there. I felt my temper rising, and it was all I could do to just walk past her and into the building instead of yelling at her for hurting my little brother.





When I got home that night after watching an awesome game and having a great time, I saw Zach punching in some numbers on this.. big metal thing. When the doors opened, and it was glowing purple, my jaw dropped. He'd finally invented it! The time machine! "ZACH!" I yelled as he jumped in, and reached out for him, but then he was gone, and the doors were closed. The elevator-looking box had an odd wavering about it, and I didn't want to get close to it, but I was worried about my brother. Would he come back safe? I guess I'd have to just believe that he had things under control. After all, he wouldn't jump into the time stream if he didn't know what he was doing.. right?
He did come back, later, and immediately went to get plasma. I guess things went pretty well, because as soon as he was done with the plasma, he hopped right back into the time machine.
I have to admit.. it did have a certain appeal to it. Time travel..




After a little while, I felt the need for Marcelo's company again, because siblings are great company and all, but they aren't the same as a boyfriend. Even though we weren't technically even going out. I dialed his number, and first we chatted for a while. About random things. I told him about Zach's time machine, he told me about my cousin and his sister's son, Jaime, and how fast the kid was growing. I told him about how many version of 'Jaime' there were in my extended family and extremely distance family. Jami, Jaime, Jayme.. I think there might have been a Jamie, too. That made him laugh, and I vowed that I would never name a kid a J name, simply because there were already too many J Parodis.
After a little while, when it started to get light out, I looked out the window. "I miss you, Marcelo. You should come over." I said, adding a hint of pleading to my tone. I wished I could give him a puppy dog look - I totally would have if I could have.
"I miss you, too, Dahlia.. I'll be over there in a few minutes, alright?"
"Eeee! Okay! See you soon!" I hung up, and went to wait at the door for when he arrived.








As soon as he got there, I zoomed out the door and scooped him into my arms, kissing him in greeting. When I pulled back, he laughed and smiled at me. "Hello to you, too."
"You took too long. I was getting impatient. Let's go downstairs." I kissed him one more time, before dragging him downstairs after me, occasionally just stopping and making out a little before we'd get to the bedroom. When we finally got to the bed, we spent all day there. We'd rest for a bit in between times, though, and just lay in bed and stare at each other. I loved my man, and he loved me, and I was so perfectly content.




I was perfectly content for a few weeks after it, until suddenly everything started coming up on me. I couldn't keep anything down, but yet, not much later I would be starving. I had a nagging suspicion at the back of my mind, and I wanted to refuse to believe it. I mean.. I couldn't be, could I? We were careful. At least, I thought we were.

(A/N: Eheheheheh. Sooo, this update was actually over the span of, like.. a Sim week and a half. I had a whole lot more pictures than this, but most of them were of her siblings, and none of them were really that interesting or easy to write about. I actually didn't plan Dahlia's pregnancy, I just jokingly used the 'risky woohoo', which I have set at 42% chance and even then doesn't usually work, but it did work that time. Hah! Well, in the past two generations by this time there was already toddlers, so I'm going at a good speed then! And.. I'm already at what I deem heir-vote-time in-game and want to play, so that's another reason why I skipped over a lot. Poor Quin has horrible luck in love - as soon as he's interested in someone, they find someone else. And Aquarius is glitched in my game, because no one can use the elevator. In order to complete the opportunity, since I had cancelled two before it, I had to eventually cheat and teleport Eulalie to the dance floor. XP That's part of the reason I'm debating moving them for the next generation. Practically everything is glitched.) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, poor Quin. I can't wait to see Dahlia and Marcelo's child.
I noticed Bridgeport is glitchy as the one game I started there I ended up portering the extended family and a few friends to a new game in SV.

Whisperingtruth said...

I HATE Bridgeport, lol, but I think I've mentioned that. lol Millie was supposed to deliver an invention to someone and she never could because that Erwin was stuck in a club that she couldnt enter for some reason. *rolls eyes*

Anyway, can't wait to see baby!!

Post a Comment