Thursday, November 11, 2010

Gen 1 - Chapter One: A New Friend


Waking up the next morning, I had one of my 'famous' - to myself, at least, and possibly my parents - excited-spazz attacks. It's like everything hit me, and when I saw my very own keyboard.. I couldn't contain it. "OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH! Is this really happening?! Hahahahaha!!" I stood there cheering and giggling for a good five minutes, before I finally decided I was hungry. Unfortunately, all I really had in my apartment was different types of cereal, so.. I had cereal. All the while, still grinning widely to myself and trembling slightly. Getting out on my own was terrifying, but it was so exciting, too. Especially since I now had the ability to do whatever I wanted, pretty much.


I only had about two hours until work, after I finished my cereal, so sat down at my drumset and set to work building up skill. And mainly, having fun. I had never had so much fun practicing anything; it was never fun practicing anything when you weren't naturally talented in that area. It was just a lot of boredom and frustration, with people telling you 'you can do it, just practice more'. It gets.. so tiring having people tell you that, when you know it will never work. Not when you were completely un-ambitious, and not motivated to do much of anything. I think that's the one thing I like most about this wish-granting thing. I now have a drive to.. make something of myself, instead of sit around playing games and reading at home. All day long.




I seemed to have gotten completely lost in my train of thought as I played on my drumset - my, I feel like a little kid, but it just feels so good! - and before I knew it, I heard honking outside. I have no idea how I even managed to hear it, or realized it was for me, because I'm on the eighteenth floor. I cursed silently when I realized I still was in my nightgown and hadn't brushed my impossible hair. Thankfully, I had mastered the art of getting ready quickly, so was in my work outfit and had my hair brushed within minutes, then hopped into the elevator and headed downstairs. Another thing I had noticed since I got this wish ability - my hair wasn't so difficult to brush anymore. I guess it's because I wished for easier-to-manage hair, but didn't want it to not be naturally curly anymore. Naturally curly hair was a blessing and a curse, after all.
When I got downstairs, I hurried into the car, and buckled up, panting. "Sorry I took so long, I lost track of time and wasn't ready yet."
My co-worker just smiled at me and shrugged, before driving off towards the theater. "It's no problem. We still have a half hour to get to work, after all."
We continued to chat all the way to work, and even though I felt shy, I was able to keep up conversation, all the way into the theater. It was nice.


My first day of work went.. a lot easier than I had expected, but I suppose I should have expected it to go well. I had wanted it to. I hoped I never got used to getting my way this way, or else I'd get soft and spoiled, and I was already prone to becoming spoiled, having been an only child.
Towards the end of the day, one of my boss' direct underlings shoved a book in my hands, and told me to read it if I wanted a better relationship with my boss. I just nodded, and planned to read it as soon as possible. What better time than directly after work? As soon as I walked out, I grabbed my book and started reading. Turns out I had already missed my carpool, so I supposed I'd just stick around for a little while, reading.


As I was standing there reading, suddenly the want to have a friend struck me. I had no friends here, and.. I really needed one. I closed my book, and peered around the area in front of the theater - no better place to look for a friend, I think, there were at least five people there. I spotted a really cute guy off to the side, and he looked the most friend, so I head over to him and introduced myself. He smiled at me, and accepted my greeting very easily, and I couldn't help but think what a nice smile this man, Apollo Bloom, had.




We chatted for a long time. About anything and everything. We just stood there, chatting, for hours, I think; random people kept coming and going, and soon I was beginning to realize that the disgusted faces they were making were because of my stench. I hadn't taken a bath or shower in way too long, and I was starving. Oh gosh! What a horrible way to try and make a friend, especially since I figured he was probably hungry too, we'd been standing there talking way past dinner time.
"Oh! I'm so sorry, I've kept you from dinner, you're probably starving. I know I am. I should go. It was really nice meeting you Apollo, I hope to see you again." Since I sincerely did hope it, I figured it would come true. Now if only I could wish away my hungry and stink, we could stay there talking until we truly considered each other a friend.
He smiled and waved my apology off, then nodded. "Alright. It was nice meeting you, too, Sean. Maybe I'll visit you later."
Oh be still my heart, a guy's never wanted to visit me before unless they were my cousin. I just smiled and nodded. "Okay. That would be nice. See you then." I waved, then headed off towards home.


The entire way home I thought about Apollo. I hoped he'd be my first friend. Also as I was heading home, another want struck me - I wanted to go to France. I'd always wanted to travel, and I knew that I could now. First I needed money, but I knew for a fact that I would get the money. That sounds spoiled already, doesn't it? While nearly falling asleep in the subway train, I wondered to myself if, when we become friends, Apollo would want to go to France with me..


The next several few days went much the same, and I fell into a small rut, because I never could think of want I wanted to do. I woke up in the morning, had some breakfast..


Played on my drumset, improving little by little..


Went to work. I now had an acquaintance at work, Buster Round. He was quite a few years older than me, in his forties I believe, but we had a lot in common.


And then I would go home and read on the book I'd been assigned on my first day. I didn't seem to have that much time to read, but I made sure to make time after I got home, even though I would be completely exhausted sometimes. It was one of these such times, when I suddenly heard a ring. It was Apollo, down at the.. buzz-in box. I knew the name, but it wasn't important, what was important was that Apollo Bloom was visiting me. I was rather excited, and fidgeted as I waited for him to get up here. It seemed like it took forever..





It was a great visit. As soon as he finally got to my apartment, he came right up to me and immediately started our conversation where it had stopped the other night. We stood there chatting for hours again. I'd tell you what we talked about, but I don't hardly remember, I was.. kind of living in the moment, and all I remember is that it was wonderful. Well, until I got a phone call. But the phone call was someone asking me to perform at the spa, and they were willing to give me money, so heck yes I was there. I apologized to Apollo, and he told me that it was absolutely fine, so we continued again.
We talked for a very long time. I knew that I considered him a friend already, and I hoped he thought of me as a friend, too. Though, I don't think I had to worry about it, because he stayed there talking to me until 3:30 AM, and I was nearly asleep on my feet when he finally left.


As I headed to bed that night, I felt like I was walking on clouds. He was my second male friend.. ever. And he hadn't wanted to leave until he noticed how my eyes were drooping. He genuinely was interested in having me as a friend. I hadn't had someone who was that interested in having my friendship in a while. And maybe he'd want more? As I slept that night, I had a dream that I was married and had several beautiful children. And I did truly want that, so I would get it, right?

(A/N: Not necessarily. At least not yet. Sorry if this chapter isn't as good, but it actually only took place within the space of two days, and she never really wanted to do much. I was happy when she finally wanted to make a friend and go to France, though. :D)

1 comments:

buckeygirl80 said...

Excellent chapter! I know it's hard when their wishes are well, boring... that seems to be how all the wishacies start. I can't wait to see what happens next!

Post a Comment