Monday, February 28, 2011

Gen 2 - Chapter 9: Baby Daze






Having four babies in the house proved to be a nearly impossible task. I'd thought keeping two happy was hard, but four? Everyone was always near passing out, because they were always unhappy all the time. Once someone took care of one of the babies' needs and went to another baby, the baby they were taking care of before needed something else. Loving, a bottle, a diaper change.. mostly, they all were little attention hogs and constantly wanted to be loved and held. With so many people that cared about babies in the house, they always got their wish, too. The first few months were filled with nothing but baby-care.


Even with the house as stressful as it was, I sometimes found time to sit down and continue writing on 'When in Doubt'. Writing was definitely a nice escape for the few minutes I was able to do it for, but before long I was pulled back into reality by a screaming baby. I would then freeze, my fingers hovering over the keys, and listen to hear if someone else would get it. If the baby stopped crying, I'd continue, but if they kept on I'd save and go to take care of them.

Needless to say, we all existed on coffee. Caffeine was our best friend; especially since none of us found time to socialize with anyone but the babies. Or, in Rhett and Elvira's cases, their co-workers, since they still had to go to work. Even though I loved spending time with our babies, I was kind of jealous of them getting to escape from the constant screaming.
I would have thought that over time, our babies would stop screaming all the time. Nope, it never got better. 

But, because of getting a break from the screaming, Rhett and Elvira were a little refreshed and more ready for the babies when they got home, so would immediately set to taking care of them. And us. Rhett would sometimes fix us dinner, and Elvira would feed the babies. 



Finally, the time came for Drazen and Dahlia to grow up, and I hate to admit it, but I was excited. Mom and told me how when we would grow up, she would get choked up. I didn't when my twins grew. It made me feel like an awful mother, but this way they could entertain themselves, right? Plus, I was happy to buy them birthday presents, and teach them their necessary life skills, and not to mention I was better with toddlers than infants..
When Drazen grew, I had to stare at him. He looked just like a mini, male version of me - my hair, my eyes, my facial shape.. I could barely see any Elvira in him at all. 
After him, Dahlia grew up, and.. I did get choked up that time. She was practically a clone of my Mom, the same curly red-brown hair and everything. The only thing different, that I could see, was that Dahlia was a vampire.



Not too long after Drazen and Dahlia, it was Aeron and Aneirin's turn for a birthday. First up was Aeron, who grew up to look quite a bit like his Daddy, but I could definitely see Katina in him as well. 
Then Aneirin grew up, and he was, like Drazen was to me, a complete clone of his Mommy, though he may have had Rhett's jaw shape.
We'd been talking about it for quite a while, but when it actually came time for it, it was hard..
Oh, what am I talking about? We'd all decided that as soon as Aeron and Aneirin were toddlers, Rhett and Katina were going to move out, so all of us could have more babies. Yes, you read that right. All of us, as in I wanted more babies myself. Well, at least one more. But anyway, Katina had already bought them a new apartment, and so after the boys were toddlers, she called up.. and they left. I felt like I was losing part of myself, because I'd lived most of my life with my little brother. And Katina, too, since she'd been around since Feliks was a toddler..
(A/N: Sorry it's so short, but it was either that or make it extremely long to include their next children. And I figured a short update was better than no update, right? My internet wasn't going to handle anything much longer than this anyway, because we have a limit on how much we can do in a day, and it was at 50% when I started this, so it's likely closer to 20% now. Anyway! I spazzed out when Drazen and Dahlia grew up, because they looked so much like Lyric and Sean. And seriously, Dahlia? She is pretty much a clone of Sean, because when she became a teen (yeah, I've played a ways ahead) I tried Sean's hair on her, and she was pretty much identical. Well, sorry the update really wasn't much of anything, but I hope to get a better one out tomorrow!)

3 comments:

Julie said...

omg - i bet youa re shattered after playing the four babies!!! Aneirin is just soooo cute!!

Whisperingtruth said...

Dahlia and Drazen are adorable!! Great chapter. Can't wait to see more babies!

buckeygirl80 said...

Such cute babies! I am excited to see what they look like when they are older!

Post a Comment