Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gen 1 - Chapter Eight: Sleep, a Birthday, and More Sleep




The days blurred together, into a large clump of.. diapers, bottles, crying, and no sleep. Literally, I think that was all I was doing. I loved both of my girls to death, but one would have been much easier, since I was the only one at home. I hadn't gotten the chance to call Buster, yet, but then one day he invited me to a party at his place.
The first thing when he saw me, he hurried - as well as one his age could hurry, that is - over to me and grabbed me, kissing me. I guess he'd missed me as much as I had missed him.
When we finally pulled back, he gently put his hands on either side of my head and smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry I haven't been there for you, with our baby.."
"Babies."
He blinked, and a little bit of shock - or fear - crossed his face. "Babies?"
I smiled proudly, "Twin girls. Deirdre and Naomi."
His eyes popped open wide. "And you've been taking care of them all by yourself? Wow.."
"Yeah.. needless to say I don't get much sleep. They're not on the same schedule."
Buster was just about to reply, when I heard the voice of one of his roommates (who technically owned the house). "Excuse me." I looked over at him, wishing I could remember his name. He was famous, why couldn't I remember? "We're not the most traditional here, but I'd rather someone with your reputation not hang around. You might smudge our good name. You know? I'm going to have to ask you to leave, at least until this baby thing's blown over."
It had started. Everyone knew that Sean Parodi was now a mother, outside of wedlock. I felt tears in my eyes - lack of sleep, and residual hormones from the pregnancy - and just nodded, pecking Buster on the cheek, before turning and leaving.


I had to walk a ways to the subway, because I couldn't find a taxi out here in the rich-people area. Unfortunately, the exhaustion kicked in long before I got there, and I passed out in the middle of the sidewalk. Thankfully I hadn't fallen into the street, my daughters were far too young to be without a mother.. I don't know how long I slept there, before finally waking up and hurrying home - thankfully, a taxi showed up this time.


I got home, and immediately took care of my girls. That babysitter was awful, he never even went upstairs! I fired him on the spot, too over-emotional to think it through. After taking care of Naomi, I snuggled her close, sniffling. "You aren't the product of indecency. You are the product of love, and don't let anyone tell you any differently." She cooed sweetly back at me, and gently set her back in her crib after a long moment.


Then the world went black again. I was so very glad, when I woke up, that I had put Naomi in her crib first. Also when I woke up, I made up my mind that I had to get some help before I did pass out with Deirdre or Naomi in my arms.


The next morning, it was time to propose to Buster. I didn't have a ring, but.. when it's a girl proposing, is it as necessary? I called him up, asked him to come over as soon as possible. He told me that he would, so I started getting as ready as possible. Took a shower, everything. It felt like my first shower since I'd given birth to the girls..




Finally, he arrived. The first thing he said to me was that he wanted to meet his daughter, after I started to pop the question. That was fine, though, that was more important at this time. I picked up Dee from her crib, and stood back in front of Buster, holding my hand out almost as a handshake. "Dee, this is your Daddy, Buster. Buster, this is your older daughter, Deirdre, but I call her Dee."
"She's so beautiful.. looks just like you."
I blushed lightly and smiled, shaking my head. "You're wrong, she looks much more like you. See that cute little button nose? Just like your's." I told him, before reaching up and booping his nose to emphasize my point. Then, I put Dee back in her crib and introduced her and Buster to each other. But, I set her back in her crib as soon as she fell asleep, then went back to Buster. We had a little bit of.. Mommy-Daddy time, nothing too extreme, mostly just whispering in each other's ears and cuddling standing up, because he had to leave for work soon. That time came far too soon, and I waved him goodbye, sadly watching him go. I never got to ask. Maybe it would give me time to buy a ring..


The day I'd been dreading a little arrived. Even though it was difficult with the girls as infants, I didn't want them to grow up. That meant one step closer to school, which was one step closer to graduation, which was one step closer to a family.. was I ready for any of it? No.. I wasn't. I really wasn't. But I couldn't stop it, so decided I would throw a birthday party for my babies. It was in a few days, so I get some things ready first - including myself.


Sleep was my new hobby. Forget music - I slept whenever I could find the chance. Including kneeling down, cleaning up spit up where one of the girls' managed to miss my shirt.


On those nights that Buster spent the night, he learned quickly why I was always so tired, and found himself passing out too. That couldn't be good for a man of his age.. I worried every time he passed out.





My days before the party were filled with lots of cuddles, dish washing (I didn't want anyone to see what a terrible housekeeper I really was), and.. going insane. My babies were growing up already. I couldn't ever sleep. Buster didn't seem interested in taking our relationship any further anymore, maybe not even being boyfriend and girlfriend. I was about to break down and have to be taken to an asylum, and there was nothing I could do about it. Okay, so it wasn't that bad, but sometimes it sure felt like it.


Before I knew it, it was the day of the party. Everyone I invited - including Estiu - showed up, but the only one that actually helped me celebrate was Buster. First up to a cake was Deirdre, being the oldest. I helped her blow out her candles, then set her down to age up, and grabbed Naomi, taking her to her cake..


"Happy birthday, lovely Naomi." I said, before helping her blow out her candle, then setting her down to age up as well.


I told Buster that the girls looked more like him, except with my eyes. Dee liked orange, so I dressed her in mostly orange. Such a little cutie.


I dressed Naomi exactly opposite to her slightly older sister, and boy could I tell they were twins. They had their differences, and weren't identical, but they were very nearly. Such lovely little ladies!



I bought a bunch of different toys for the girls for their birthday (along with a potty chair), and the first thing Naomi did was crawl her way over to the dollhouse and shove one of the dolls in her mouth, giggling like crazy. "Naomi! Honey, take that out of your mouth, silly duck." I tugged it gently out of her mouth, before motioning to her house she was supposed to play. "See? Dolly doesn't go in your mouth. Icky."
Dee wasn't interested in any of the toys, though. She wanted Mommy, and that's all. Not Daddy, not teddy, just Mommy. I had to hold her for a while, before I noticed her eyelids drooping.


I sung her a quiet lullaby, and started to put her into bed when she shut her eyes. "NA!" she cried as soon as I started to put her in, snapping awake immediately. "Shhh, shh, Dee, it's okay. It's bed time now, okay? Mama's right here until you fall asleep." I told her, and kissed her forehead. She whimpered cutely, but was almost immediately out again.




Looking at the above pictures, one would think we didn't get enough sleep in this household.. ha, ha... yeah. We didn't. I really needed to get to proposing to Buster, and soon.

(A/N: When I was playing this part, it was so difficult! The babies and toddlers are so much harder since Late Night, and Buster never accepted any of her advances. Even on his days off, he still wasn't accepting anything. Well, he accepted a little after she dispelled the rumors about her, but then he went right back to rejecting her. I thought for a long time I'd have to get her married to someone else. I don't remember what will be happening next chapter, but it should be out soon, since I'm trying to hurry through to get to the heir vote because in my game, Sean's nearly completed her [new] LTW!)

2 comments:

Julie said...

So much sleep!! well done you for getting through the baby/toddler time it looked pretty gruelling!!! love the way you colour co-ordinated the girls they are really cute!!

buckeygirl80 said...

The girls are so cute! I wonder what is up with Buster, why he's not accepting Sean!?! Weird. I sure do hope it gets easier!

Post a Comment