Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gen 1 - Chapter Thirteen (Continued): Another Vacation, Part Two





Quite a sight to wake up to, isn't it? After my escapades in the nectary, I went to sleep at our home place, and when I woke up this was going on! Guess even Mom couldn't resist flirting with such a hot guy. I mean, I'm too young for him and I wanted to go up and start flirting the moment I saw Youssef! Rawr! But then he ruined their moment by asking for a picture of her. Gosh, really? Thankfully I wasn't in the room anymore at that point, or I woulda probably exclaimed that he was ruining the mood. 'Cause he was.



Meanwhile, the rest of us were being boring. I was reading with Dee, but only until I deemed it time to go get that nectowhiz thingamahoony from that Gaston dude. Seriously, his name is Gaston, like the bad guy in Beauty and the Beast! I love that movie..
While Dee and I read, Lyric had a cold shower. Poor girl. I guess that's what she gets for being boring, but really, she can't help it. She's just barely a kid even! I wanted to give her a hug, but I wanted even more to go adventure some more.






And then I was off like a rocket to visit Gaston Dutiel and get that nectowhiz thingy from him. Upon getting to his house, I approached an old guy out front and beamed brightly. "Hello sir! I'm here to see Gaston Dutiel."
"That is me."
Oh! What luck! "Oh, great! I'm Naomi Parodi, and I was sent by Eveline Fouchier to see if I could get your nectowhiz-"
"No."
I drooped, and frowned. No? "Why not?"
"I do not know you good enough."
Ooooh, well I could fix that. I smiled slightly, and then struck up a conversation to help us get to know one another. I even asked him if he could teach me a couple of French songs, and they were really easy so I learned 'em quickly. After a little bit, I asked him for the chip or whatever it is again, and he shook his head. "Don't know you enough, Ms. Parodi."
Droop. Start again.



While I was trying to get Mr. Dutiel to gimme the nectowhiz chip, Mom was playing bass for Youssef and Lyric was reading. I have no clue what Dee was doing, to be perfectly honest. I think she was listening to Mom play the bass, too?



"Soooo, will you give me the chip? Pleeease?" I asked sweetly, and gave him what might be thought of a cheesy grin. He looked away, and I leaned over to look into his face, still with that cheesy grin on my face. Finally, he sighed and looked up at her.
"On one condition."
He wanted a picture of me, how cool is that! Being famous from birth is pretty cool, even if there was a scandal surrounding Mom about us. It's never really effected us badly, obviously! After he took my picture, he gave me the nectowhiz thingy, and that's when I heard a kid's voice. "Oh! Who is that?"
"That is my granddaughter, Noemi."
Hahahaha, Naomi Noemi. I like it. But that was not the point, and I looked at him, beaming. "Is it okay if I send someone her way? I have a little sister that wants a friend."
"Oui."
Oui was yes, right? "Thank you sir!"
As I left, I grabbed my cell and called up Lyric. "LYRIC!"
"Owww, you don't haveta shout! What is it?"
"There's a little girl at the Dutiel's house, her name is Noemi and you should be her friend!"
"... okay, where is the house?"
I directed her to where the house was, and then was on my way back to Eveline Fouchier.





Mom, Dee, and Youssef had a nice conversation.. about really random stuff. So did Lyric and Noemi, I think Lyric said they talked a lot about how big Noemi's house was? Jee, full of herself for being a tomboy. While they were having conversations, so I was I! Kinda sorta, at least, I was giving the nectowhiz chip over to the lady that hired me, and she thanked me. I got my visa level, finally, yay! Now I wanted to learn how to garden. Weird, right? Adventure, adventure, adventure.. GARDEN! That's just how I am. So I left almost immediately and went into the garden behind the nectary and went about harvesting EVERYTHING. I hope they don't mind.




The rest of the trip went pretty boringly, even with me. Lyric went back to our house thing, and watched Mom continuing to impress Youssef with her bass skillz. Dee read - she seems to do that a lot. And I gardened everything in SIGHT. And then we had to go to the airport and go back home - we were all ready to go. Even me, even though I love traveling and adventuring. Weeeell, I should hand this back over to Mom now since we're getting back into her territory.

Thank you, Naomi. And for your information, I was not trying to impress Youssef with my bass skill, I was trying to gain skill with it and he happened to be watching. He was a little bit of a fling, but we had nothing in common. I barely knew him!



On the way back towards home, Naomi decided that we were all taking too long and got in her own, separate taxi. That girl.. I sighed slightly, and got in the taxi waiting for me, Dee, and Lyric. Halfway there, though, I had a horrible realization. "STOP THE CAR!" I yelped, and then scrambled out when the driver stopped.
"What's going on, Mom!?" Dee and Lyric exclaimed from inside the taxi, and I turned back, looking inside.
"I just remembered - I forgot and left your father's remains in our second apartment!" I nearly sobbed. What kind of a wife was I?! "You two go on home, I'll be there soon, I'm going to go see if he's still there."
As they headed off, I stared blankly in the distance towards the apartment building. "I am so sorry, Buster! I will get you back." And then I was off.




It took a little while to get to the building, and I even didn't go to the right one at first, but then I found it and buzzed our old apartment. "Hello?" a girl's voice greeted me.
"Hello, this is Sean Parodi, the old tenant of this apartment. Can I come up?"
"Just a second. Meet me outside."
Outside? Why did she want to go outside? Oh well, that didn't matter as long as I got Buster's remains back. I went outside, and waited, until a girl with large hair came outside.
"Hey. I hope you don't mind that I didn't really want a stranger in my apartment."
"Well.. I don't really mind, but you see, when I moved out of this apartment I forgot and left my husband's remains on my dresser."
She stared at me. "OH. So that's what that tin box is! Glad I didn't throw it away."
I nearly had a heart attack at the words 'throw it away', but instead just went pale. "Yeah.. can I have him back?"
She made a little bit of a face. "Well, see.. I don't know you real well..."
Shoot. I chewed on my lip, then thought of something. "If you get to know me, can I have him back? Please, join my band Somebody, Get The Cat! One of our members just died recently, Aria Trill, and I need two more. Please?"
"You don't even know my name or if I'm any good at instruments.."
"What's your name and are you any good with instruments?"
"I'm Kenyatta Nolan, and yeah, I'm pretty good."
"Okay, will you join my band, Kenyatta?"
"Sure, sounds like fun, being in a band with a famous person!"
Oh, so she DID know who I was. "After we get to know each other I can have my husband back, right?"
"Right! Now I'm gonna go to bed. See you later, Sean!" she chirped and waved, then went upstairs.



At home, Dee and Naomi were taking good care of their little siblings. Dee fixed everyone mac and cheese for dinner, and then Naomi set about getting everyone ready for bed. Someday, those girls were going to make great mothers.




I had to decide what I wanted to do after my failed attempt at getting Buster back. I wanted to go home, but I needed to tell Rohan Giroux that I'd finished the puzzle he'd told me to. Naomi forgot to tell you that Rohan had requested I go to France and figure out a puzzle. I did that while Naomi was off on her own adventures.
Finally, I decided to call him and find out where he was. He was in one of the many parks, so I hurried there, and nearly froze when I saw how he had his hair and what he was wearing now that he was an elder. Almost exactly the same as Buster. It was one of my being reminded of my love and nearly breaking down sobbing moments, but I held myself together as I approached him, smiling. I told him that I completed his task, and he gave me some money, thanking me. Then I noticed that his daughter, Marlis, was watching me. I looked at her, and smiled. "Hello."
"Hey, Ms. Parodi.." Ms.. I preferred Mrs. "I heard that you are looking for one more member for you band, from my friend Kenyatta.."
I blinked, then smiled at her. "Would you like to be in my band?"
"I would LOVE to be in your band! I've always wanted to be part of a band."
"Oh, good. Now we have enough members we should get gigs." I nearly interrupted myself with a yawn, and then shook my head slightly. "Oh my. I should be getting home, I haven't been home in days. It was nice seeing you, Marlis, Rohan. Callie. See you later!" I then turned, and headed towards home. I was excited to climb into my own bed and sleep for hours..

(A/N: I am REALLY close to where I am now, so heir vote should be within the next.. two or three chapters. And, you know.. it's amazing how fast the free day goes, haha. When they were on their way home, I realized that I'd sold Buster right along with the apartment, so I decided I would use her free day to get him back, but Kenyatta would not let her in! So I decided to use the rest of my free day to complete her band, since she only ever wanted Aria and Jett in the band. Next chapter, if I remember right, Sean gets married and Lyric gets a best friend! It may be the chapter after that Sean gets married, but it's soon.)

1 comments:

buckeygirl80 said...

Wow, that's crazy that that girl wouldn't let her in to get the remains! And, all of Sean's kids seem to be really great, it's been fun watching them grow up! :)

Post a Comment