Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Gen 1 - Chapter Four: Vacation


You're probably wondering why I seem so excited, right? Weeeeell, practically since I got to Bridgeport I'd been wanting to go to Champs Le Sims, France. It was always lingering at the back of my mind. Even though I wanted it, I didn't think I'd be getting it. It just seemed too impossible too me, because I just wasn't getting very many promotions. Without a promotion, money would be too tight for something as frivolous as a vacation to another country.
But then it happened. I was promoted to a stagehand, and got a generous bonus with it. Could it be true? I think I may have had enough to go to France, or at least I would soon. Upon stepping out of work, I pumped my fist into the sky and shouted, "YESS!" Around me, people were cheering, but I think that's because of my promotion. How would they know what I was really excited about?



When I got home, instead of going to bed I decided to play some music on my bass (did I mention that I got one? Well, if I didn't before, then I'm mentioning now that I got a new bass now!). I think I might've looked a little deranged, because I know I couldn't wipe the stupid grin off my face, and my eyes were bugging out like a maniac. Could you blame me? I'd never been out of the country before, and I could finally afford it. I'd always been wanting to go out of country, and nearly got to several times when I was a teenager, but we never had the money. Something was always more important.
Eventually, I was nearly falling asleep playing the bass, so I crawled into bed. The next morning I still couldn't get the grin off my face, because I couldn't stop thinking about my future trip.


But, then the grin got wiped off my face for a little while when my sink broke. "AAAGH!" I growled, turning away from the sink so I couldn't see the source of my anger. "I finally get the money to go on a trip, and what happens?! Something breaks! You know what, sink? I have another one, I don't need you! You'll just stay broken until after I'm back from France! I can't afford a repairman and I am no repairwoman."


I think I forgot to mention that my agent, who is actually completely legit, got me an opportunity to film a commercial. Is there any way I can explain how excited I was about this? If you thought I was excited about France, I was even more excited about this. This is exactly how famous I wanted to be - doing small famous-person things like filming commercials. I wasn't a great actress, so it was perfect for what little acting ability I did possess.
After we were done filming, I nearly hyperventilated at how much money they gave me. "Five.. five... thousand?" I stuttered, staring at the money in my hands. Now my trip was more than definitely in the near future. Except I had to go to work right after the commercial was done, so I couldn't think about it for too long.


When I was home from work, I played on my bass for a little bit to get a little more skill at it, but I couldn't help it any longer. I whipped out my cell and dialed the number for the travel agency, setting up a trip to Champs Le Sims. I was to leave pretty much as soon as I hung up, and I hopped as I hung up. "Oh wow!" I quickly packed some of my things, before quickly running down stairs and getting a cab, telling him to take me to the airport.


There it was. Champs Le Sims, France, and right there is my hotel.. I was so ridiculously excited. I practically floated out of the airplane when it touched down.


Except.. now that I was here, I didn't know what I wanted to do. I don't even know how long I stood outside my hotel, staring around at my surrounding, not quite comprehending it all yet.


I think I must have stood out there long enough for the people inside to wonder about me, because soon a fellow traveler, Bo On from China, invited me inside to play chess with him. I smiled, and agreed happily, before heading inside. I found myself really enjoying chatting with this man and playing chess, and soon found myself wanting to play chess even after he'd decided to stop. I wondered if all I was going to do while I was there would be to play chess, and it didn't sound like an awful idea to me.


I played chess for at least a half hour after Bo On left before I remembered that I had brought my keyboard with me! It wasn't the smartest idea, what if I'd lost it? But that meant it would provide some extra entertainment. So I got it out and set it up in the largest room - the one I would likely be staying in - and set to relearning my piano skill.




Evidently, I am even famous in France, because as I was playing on my keyboard, before I knew what was happening, there was a paparazzo going crazy over me. It distracted me a little at first, and I started to stop, but he quickly held a hand up. "Non! S'il vous plaît continuer, Mme. Parodi!"
I paused, and stared at him for a moment.
S'il vous plaît.. that was please, wasn't it? It sounded like he was asking me to continue. "Oh, um.. okay, Mr. Paparazzo."
He smiled widely and continued taking pictures of me, writing about me.. everything. I really don't know what he found so interesting about me playing on my keyboard..


.. but really, really couldn't figure out what he saw as interesting about me eating ice cream. Maybe he'd write something about how that's why Sean Parodi stays so chubby, blah, blah. I was beginning to get annoyed at him as he continued taking pictures of me from the other side of the room, almost like as if I couldn't see him over there. The camera flashes are a dead giveaway, sorry.



The rest of my evening was pretty calm, though. I took a nice, warm bath - it was heavenly - and then read on the book that they'd asked me to read for work. It was a little hard to concentrate at one point, though, because Bo On came in and just stared at me for a while. I looked up at him after a little bit, and asked him if there was something he needed, and he just smiled and shook his head, telling me that he'd never met a celebrity before. I thought I was only a two-star celebrity? Why was I famous enough that people in different countries spazzed over me? I had no idea.


I went to bed after I finished the book, and then towards morning - was it even light out yet? - I was awoken by the sound of my cell phone. "Who could it be at this hour?" I mumbled to myself, not even glancing at the caller ID before answering.
I listened to my instructions, and then accepted. Someone wanted me to explore the Celtic ruins a little ways away and find something they lost there. I could do that. But first, I needed to buy some supplies. This was going to be so much fun! As long as I didn't die along the way.



I got dressed, then visited the general store - I spent more time than I should have there, I think, looking at all the things they had - and bought three high quality dried food, three shower in a can, and one tent. Also a incense holder. Finally though, I told myself I should get going, and headed out towards the burial mound, grinning ear to ear. This was so exciting! When I was little, I wouldn't have liked this. I hated adventure when I was a kid, but.. I don't know, after so many camping adventures, I grew to love adventures. They scared me half to death most of the time, and I knew this one would be no different, but they were still fun.






I got to the mound, and it didn't take very long for me to find the stairs leading down into it. I stopped in my tracks at first, seeing a dead end. How could anyone lose anything in this tiny room, though? There had to be something more to this. Taking a few more steps inside, I noticed some treasure sitting to the side and grabbed it, then went to the wall at the back of the room. "Open says me!" .. it didn't work, so I used all of my strength to push on it. It took a bit, but it did work. I already knew I would be sore tomorrow.
In the next room, there was a different colored floor panel, with footprints on it. It seemed a little suspicious, but I still approached it, and hopped onto it. I heard something somewhere make a large THUD noise, and the chains on the door in front of me fell off. "Thank you!"
In the next room, there were lots of things for me to do. There was a pile of rocks on the floor, a hole in the wall, a pedestal with a heart shaped rock on it, something in front of a wall that made me think it must be another hidden door.. the first thing I went for was the rock pile. There was a bag of money under it! Wow, who left that there? Then I went for the hole in the wall. I stood in front of it for several moments, debating putting my hand in there. I have never, ever ever liked putting my hands in holes. Who knows what could be in a hole like that? I assured myself there wasn't anything in it, before whimpering slightly and sticking my hand in. There was something in there, but I don't remember what, I was too relieved there wasn't a spider or something like that in it.
When I brought my hand back out of the hole, I heard my phone ring, and answered it. It was my agent again, telling me to exercise for four hours. Wow.. guess I was going to get thin, then.






After my phonecall, I found a use for that heart shaped rock, because there was a heart shaped hole on the wall next to the door with chains. "Why not." I shoved the rock into the hole, and gasped as blue light shot out around the rock, nearly falling onto my backside from shock. That light.. where did it come from? I shuddered slightly, and shook my head. Mummies, vampires, and ghosts were real. Why shouldn't things like this be real as well. It was beautiful, I wasn't going to question. And it had opened the door beside me, too.
I was really beginning to get tired, so things after that got a little blurry, except that there were some statues that I could move in the next room, and then I went down some stairs and found a huge maze with a grave in the middle. Why was there a grave? I walked up to it, and stood in front of it for a few moments, before the tiredness and where I was caught up with me, and I started to crying at the grave. I was enjoying myself, but the situation was making me overemotional. Good thing, too, because as I cried, suddenly there was a loud noise, and a hole appeared in the ground next to the grave. "Oh." I stared at it, before wiping at my tears and going over, reaching in without thinking. There was a jewel of some sort. "Pretty!"
I decided after that, though, I'd put my tent up. I left the maze and went back to the stairs and was going to set my tent up at the base of them when I saw an area to my left. "What..?" It was an alcove of some sort. A tent was already set up in it. A skeleton was there, too, and I got a chill from that, but at the moment, the already set up tent looked promising, so I crawled in and moaned at the comfort of the roll-out floor cot. Before I knew it, I was completely asleep.




The next morning - actually, was it the next morning? I wondered to myself as I got out of the tent, and glanced up the staircase. I had no idea what time it was down here. I didn't wear a watch, and my cell had died since the call from my agent. It was chilling, not knowing what time it was. I wanted to finish up this dungeon real quick, so I could get back outside. With my new resolve, I headed back into the maze and did literally everything I could in it, getting all the available treasure, before heading into the next room. Oh, wow..
There was a chilling amount of graves. I shivered, and decided to ignore them and just grab all the loot I could. I found the thing I was supposed to, and just stared at it for a moment. It was a baseball. Not exactly what I was thinking, but whatever. I headed to the other side of the room, and found a pile of ancient coins that entranced me a little bit. "Shiny.."
When I picked the coins up, that activated a door next to me, and I stared at it a moment. Neat, another hidden door. But there was also a hole in the floor from when I cried at another grave - I had decided to cry at all of the graves, to see if any more opened holes in the ground - so I checked in it first. No bugs still, thank goodness!
After I got all of the treasure in that room, I went into the other room that had opened up and found a treasure chest in there.
After the treasure chest, there wasn't much that happened in the place, except I found my way out and returned the baseball to the person who had lost it. Then I wanted to go to a cafe, so I headed off to the Catania Cafe.



When I got there, I decided to get something to eat before I had to head home. It was nearing midnight, so I would have to leave soon. Stepping foot inside the cafe, before I even had time to think I heard a squeal and a pretty French woman had approached me, babbling something that I couldn't really understand. I got the gist though. I nodded slightly and smiled at her. "Yeah, I'm Sean Parodi.."
Squeeeeeal. She grabbed out her cell phone and took a few steps back, pointing it at me. I posed in my typical pose, and she snapped a picture. "Sank you so much, Sean Parodi! Now, please, what eez eet you wanted? I shall give you a discount!" Oh. She did speak English. I smiled widely and then followed her over to the register. "Um. How about a cheese plate?"
I bought the cheese plate, and ate it, but by the time I shoved the last piece of cheese in my mouth it was time for me to be going. I was disappointed, 'cause I wanted to stay a little longer, but I decided I'd just come another time.


As soon as I was home, the first thing I did was crawl into my own bed and pass out from exhaustion. It was a great trip, but it's always good to be home again.

(A/N: I wanted so bad for her to wish for a romance while she was in France, haha. It would have been cool to have French babies, but all she ever wanted to do is play chess or go home, 'til she got the opportunity. But, if it weren't for this trip to France I woulda never started this blog at all! So glad I got a picture of her putting the heart in. I'm finally almost to where she wished for a romance, so I'm going to be trying to pop out more of these this week!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment