Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Gen 1 - Chapter Seven: Estiu and the Second Generation



Being pregnant so far wasn't as strange as I thought it would be. I hadn't liked the morning sickness, but when I started to get a little baby bump - I actually started showing a little earlier than I thought I should, and that freaked me out a little - and the morning sickness calmed down, it.. got a little more normal. One day I got called by the grocery store to help them piece back together a whole bunch of puzzles they'd spilled all over. It confused me, why on earth would they call me? I wasn't any good at puzzles, in fact they usually gave me a headache.. but I went to do it anyway, since I'd been really craving watermelon recently. Two birds, one stone!


Little did I know that Estiu would be there! I noticed her out the window as I was helping inside, and nearly rushed outside to say hello, or.. I don't know, something, but I decided that I should stay inside and finish up first. Since I told them I would.


It was very late by the time I finally finished up, with quite a migraine, and then bought several of the miniature watermelons. They were so cute! And amazing, 'cause the rind was also edible! Not terribly tasty, but the red part was extra sweet. Oh they were so good..


I didn't figure that Estiu would still be there, even after I was done with the watermelons, but she was. About to head off to get dinner, but she was there for the moment! I hurried/waddled up to her, and before I even got to her she noticed me and let out a, "Whoa! Sean, did you wish for babies?"
I stopped in front of her and shook my head. "Actually no, not originally, but I did wish for woohoo. I was wondering if things are going to always work like this? I wish for something, and something else happens because of that?"
"Yeah. Haven't you ever heard of 'be careful what you wish for'? It works double-time with having this power bestowed on you."
I wish she'd told me that from the beginning. "I wish you'd told me that before.."
She grinned her rather insane little grin, and tilted her head to the side. "I had no time to explain further. You were to age up soon."
"So.. the magic only works on birthdays then?"
"Yes!"
Speaking of the magic.. "Um.. I hope this doesn't seem rude, but.. what are you exactly?"
She blinked largely at me, before grinning broadly. "Magical."
Magical. Of course, that makes sense. I looked at her in half-lidded unamusement. "Right. Well, I should be-"
"Did you know people have been accusing you of rummaging through people's garbage cans?"
"What?!" I reeled back slightly and stared at her. I'd never done such a thing! Sure, I hadn't had a bath in far too long so I might stink, but that's no excuse to say I'd been digging in garbage.. "I have not!"
"I know. You have the wishing ability, and who'd ever wish to have their situation bad enough to dig in garbage bins? But you know you're gonna be publicly disgraced for truth, soon." she told me simply, her eyes practically staring directly through me as she reached forward and gently touched my tummy. I looked down at her hand, then frowned slightly. She was right.. "Well! I must go, I am starving. You should go home too. I will visit you later!" With that, she practically vanished.




On my way home, I barely noticed that I'd been out so long that it was getting light out. I kept thinking about Estiu'd said. Publicly disgraced.. it really bothered me. Partially for myself, but mostly for my poor baby who would have to deal with being known as a celebrity's indecency. I didn't want anyone to think of her like that, so Buster and I needed to get married, and soon. Except I hadn't seen him since that day we found out that I was pregnant. That had been.. months ago. We'd talked on the phone, but he never visited and when I tried to arrange to hang out, he turned me down. I hoped it wasn't because of the pregnancy..
When I got home - I thankfully never got hit by a car, since I realized that I'd been just waddling very, very slowly down a cross-walk for about fifteen minutes - I went straight for a hot bath to relax away the stress, and then got into bed. Had the dream about babies again, except this time it felt so much more real than it ever did before.





A while later, I'm not entirely sure how long, but it was long enough that I was really beginning to feel like a balloon, Estiu came to visit like she said she would. Evidently she just wanted to visit because she thought of me as a friend, and wanted me to think of her as a friend too. We didn't even really bring up the wish thing for the entire time she was there, mostly we just chatted about music and my work, or babies. My baby, other babies - just babies in general. It was actually a really fun time, and I wouldn't mind her becoming a new best friend. But, as she was asking me if I had enough toys for the baby, something happened..



My water broke in the middle of my sentence. OH THE PAIN. It was the worst pain I had ever experienced, and I'm pretty sure I went cross-eyed from it. Estiu, like me, had never been a woman going into labor and had never done it herself, so she freaked out. "What is going on, Sean?! Why are you screaming?! Is it baby? Oh no, it is! Baby wants out, doesn't she? Oh no! Hospital!" She quickly snapped out her cell phone and called the ambulance. I almost laughed at her conversation with the person on the other end ("BABY IS COMING, HURRY! What do you mean where? Just get here!"), but ended up just kind of whimpering. Eventually, they finally understood what she was talking about, and I got to the hospital.


It was the most difficult thing I've ever done, and I wished with all my might that I would survive the ordeal. Buster never showed up, but really, was I surprised? No one had called him, how could he know. I wanted him there, but at the same time, I didn't. I would have said awful things to him if he'd been there. I know I said awful things to the doctors and nurses, especially when they told me I was gonna have another one, after the first was born.
When it was all done and I was sent home with a baby basket full of wonderful, I knew that it was way worth the pain. I loved these two bundles of joy more than anything, already.


Deirdre Parodi, my first born. A little girl, just like I'd wished for.


And Naomi Parodi, my second born, also a little girl, a full six minutes younger than her sister. I knew I would be willing to do anything for either of these two little angels. I finally knew what it was like to hold your own baby.. I'd held so many babies over the years, but it just wasn't the same as holding my own miracles. Would I be a good enough mother? I had my doubts, but I wished I was and knew I would try my hardest. But I refused to make them grow up without a father, so I had decided as I was giving birth to them - I was going to get married. Even if it wasn't to Buster, I was going to get married.


Before heading to bed, I played a lullaby on the keyboard for my angels. I heard them coo and gurgle, then soon started to hear soft sounds of sleep, so stopped playing quickly so they could sleep. Then I got in bed myself, and fell immediately asleep. Having two babies is exhausting.




In the "morning" (when the girls woke me up, needing to eat), I realized I'd worn my maternity clothes to bed. Oops. Yawning largely, I climbed out of my bed - wondering how I was able to stand sleeping in my high heels - and fed Dee, then Naomi. As I fed Naomi, I got a phone call, and answered it. It was someone asking me to gain a little bit more photography skill. Not like I minded, I was going to be taking as many pictures of my girls as possible. That would improve it!
I then found I was hungry, myself, and went into my absolutely disgusting kitchen - what kind of an environment was this for my babies? I had to move soon - and fixed myself some pancakes. I needed to contact Buster soon.. tell him about his beautiful girls.

(A/N: Man, this is short! D: But the pictures after the last few fit better for the next chapter. So yeah, it was awesome when she went to the grocery store and Estiu was there.. and Estiu randomly came to visit later. It worked well for this chapter. In the next chapter should be the girls' birthday. Oh, since Sean couldn't really tell their personalities yet, I shall. Dee was born with good and friendly, and Naomi was born with loves the outdoors and excitable!)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Awwwwwww - shame on Buster!!! I thought he was going to be there for her!! twins :)

buckeygirl80 said...

Aw twin girls! So fun! Too bad the daddy hasn't been around... I hope he gets to meet his girls soon!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the twins. Buster has turned out to be a disappointment, hope she does find someone else.

Post a Comment